Reporting to the Director of IT, the IT manager oversees the data analytics and reporting team. This is a hands-on management-level position responsible for analyzing all IT related activities of the organization with supervisory responsibilities for the reporting team assigned to the IT department. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of reporting services for both internal and external users through planning, technical leadership, and project coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Maintain oversight of IT projects. Anticipate the needs, develop recommendations and oversee implementation, tracking mechanisms, and other management elements that ensure ongoing system maintenance.
- Mentor and coach employees, including hands on direction to resolve technical challenges.
- Manage the performance of employees to include hiring, coaching, making effective use of work time, measuring employee productivity, and promoting employee development.
- Integrate PBM business acumen and systems thinking best practices with technological solutions to provide meaningful solutions to business leaders. Regularly meet with business leaders to ensure business needs are met. Provide reporting to evidence results.
- Forecast costs, equipment, and personnel needs for projects and programs in response to leadership’s business strategy. Make recommendations accordingly.
- Stay abreast of the latest and relevant developments in information systems and technology and remain technically competent at all levels of data analytics, project management, and application development.
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors and equipment suppliers.
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of hands on data analytics experience, at least 2 of which are in a leadership role.
- Experience in data analytics within a Health Care related field. Experience with HIPPA regulations and PHI security protocols
- Extensive experience managing complex IT initiatives to superior results, including hands-on experience across a broad range of technologies.
- Experience managing and supporting Microsoft SQL Server; experience with alternative product may be considered.
- Successful track record in managing 3rd party IT vendor relationships.
- Experience in managing AGILE teams or similar methods/techniques.
- Data warehouse and reporting experience – this is primary, but the others are equally important
- Benefits experience
- Identify and analyze the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Read, analyze and interpret common PBM and healthcare-specific terminology.
- Clear and concise communication with superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Detail oriented and produce accurate results.
- Manage and prioritize work effectively with minimal supervision.