The Marketing Automation & CRM Analyst supports the Marketing team through technical management of the Marketing Automation and CRM systems. This includes, but is not limited to, development of new functionality, technical expertise, and daily maintenance of Salesforce Sales Cloud and Marketing Cloud. The CRM & Marketing Automation Analyst will work collaboratively with the US Digital Marketing team and Salesforce administrators in Canada, Latin America, EMEA, ANZP and Asia. The position supports activities that touch our customers and consumers with communications through Salesforce. This role reports into the Manager – Marketing Technology & Operations.
Marketing Cloud Management
- Applies technical expertise of Marketing Cloud to implement solutions that leverage full capabilities of Marketing Cloud suite of tools
- Develops cross-channel campaigns and communication journeys for customers, including expertise in email, SMS, push, web
- Creates tailored engagement (e.g. email content) with existing Mercury owners based on geographic, product, and / or demographic details
- Utilizes A/B testing on an on-going basis to optimize engagement efforts, such as subject line testing for impact on open rates, etc.
- Develops, implements, and optimizes lead-scoring to improve conversion rates
- Sets up automated fielding of surveys among owners for things like Net Promoter Score, brand attributes, product awareness
- Creates email templates, including custom coding
- Creates Automations to extend capabilities of Marketing Cloud
- Manages data extensions and CRM connector to ensure accurate synchronization of data
- Creates profile centers to manage user preferences
- Monitors and resolves Marketing Cloud issues
- Data synchronization
- Data quality
- Provides reporting for Marketing Cloud activity
- Reviews new releases of Salesforce and keeps team informed of any changes relevant Marketing activities reliant on Salesforce or Marketing Cloud applications
- Researches and resolves technical issues, errors, questions, and new functionality, including Apex coding
- Monitors and resolves interface issues
- Dealer Locator
- Manages CRMFusion DemandTools/Validity suite of tools for deduplication and cleansing of CRM data
- Monitors and manages CRM backups (OwnBackup)
- Supports implementation of new processes using Salesforce, replacing manual or antiquated systems. Includes development of objects, processes, fields, email notifications, and coding.
- Supports team in migration to Salesforce Lightning platform
- Assists with change set migrations and errors when migrating from test to production
- Manages user adds and removals, including termination processes
- Creates surveys and forms used to capture data to measure our customers and consumers for products and services provided by Mercury Marine. Supports Product Category Group, Engineering, HR, Sales and Marketing with capture and analysis of survey results.
- Maintains integrated apps used within Salesforce, including Conga, AdobeSign, and Clicktools. Monitors and reviews forms sitting in queue.
- Analyzes CRM data to provide insight and recommendations for segmentation of consumers
- Develops lead scoring capability based on consumer activity across digital channels
- Collaborates with other functional and regional Salesforce administrators and assists other departments/divisions on Salesforce and related apps to ensure commonality throughout Mercury and promote best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of Marketing Cloud experience
- 3+ years as a Salesforce Administrator and/or Developer Certified preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills, aptitude to manage projects, expand knowledge and learn new skills and technologies to fully support Marketing team
- Self-motivated, collaborative, responsive, organized, able to work independently. Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities.